RULES FOR COUNTY MASTERS
1. The County Masters Secretary shall maintain a list of Masters swimming records (incorporating the 18-
2. Records shall be held for short course (25-
(as swum in the Staffordshire Masters Championships and for such other events as shall be determined from time to time).
3. Swimmers claiming the records shall:
(a) have represented a Staffordshire Club, in a Masters competition, when recording the time concerned, or have been swimming for a representative
team for which they had been nominated by a Staffordshire club or the
(b) have made the performance concerned in an open competition or in an advertised race against time, which in either case must have been timed electronically;
(c) notify the Masters Secretary (or other nominated County Officer) within 1 month of the event;
(d) provide proof of their time by submission of a result sheet or other document judged sufficient for the purpose. (It will not be necessary to submit proof of a time set in the County Masters Championship);
(e) provide proof of age on request;
4. A swimmer’s age shall be their age at midnight on 31st December in the year of competition.
5. A list of records will be published on the Staffordshire A.S.A. web-
RULES FOR COUNTY RECORDS
1. County Long Course and Short Course Records shall be kept for Men’s, Women’s, Junior Men’s and Junior Women’s individual events.
2. For recognition of a Junior Record the swimmer will not have reached his 17th birthday on the day the time was recorded.
3. For a County Record a swimmer must be a bona fide member of a Club affiliated to the County.
4. Records may be set in any event at and above County level and any officially designated meet.
5. All records, except those set in County Championships, must be applied for in writing to the Hon. General Secretary enclosing a copy of the official result sheet confirming the time. The application should be made within three months of the date of the relevant swim, after such time acceptance of a record will be at the Executive’s discretion
6. Applications are not necessary for records set at the County Championships but a reminder may avoid a record being overlooked.
7. All records require ratification by the Hon. General Secretary.
8. A list of records as at 31st December shall be printed in the next following County handbook.
9. When it has been ratified, a certificate shall be awarded by the County for each new record.